PROJECT OFFICER, WOMEN ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT OFFICER
- Conduct research on issues that could be developed into new programs. Actively cultivate technical expertise on approaches to advance gender quality and women’s economic empowerment.
- Assist in program development and proposal writing/editing for public and private donors.
- Participate in brainstorming and STEM education discussions about fundraising.
- Attend meetings with donors and potential donors as requested.
- Track and draft reports and other correspondence to donors, as assigned.
- Provide support to STEM education on donor engagement as requested.
- Assist with public and staff events, including preparing written materials, assisting with event logistics, and preparing discussion points for Women’s Empowerment and other staff for public events,training, and workshops.
- Office administrative assistance, including maintaining program files.
- Monitor program budgets and prepare grant documentation, as requested.
Partnership, collaboration and representation:
- Build and maintain relationships with current and future donors and external audiences;
- Represent STEM Synergy at conferences, seminars nationally
- Write, edit, and proofread program-related documents and correspondence;
- draft and send out correspondence;
- draft contracts, letters of agreement, and amendments; conduct research on selected topics; and
- update Women’s Empowerment publications and marketing materials.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the assistant director or other unit staff.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in NGO in Ethiopia;
- Demonstrated expertise in approaches to women’s empowerment and gender equality is essential;
- Strong knowledge of gender analysis and gender mainstreaming/integration;
- Proven communication and writing skills, including in research, proposal design, and project reports;
- Knowledge of intersection of gender and Ethiopian political, economic, issues is required;
- Must be flexible, cooperative, hardworking, and a team player;
- Self-starter with proven ability to pay close attention to detail while maintaining a broad perspective on program goals and approaches;
- Availability and willingness to travel regularly to implementing partners office to work with partners as required;
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Power Point;
- Master’s degree in a relevant academic field such as international development, political science, education, sociology, women’s rights, gender studies, or gender-based violence is required.
Share With Your Network