What is STEM education?
STEM education refers to education in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
For more than a decade, STEM Synergy has implemented many successful STEM programs (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) in Ethiopia and nearby countries.
OUR MOTTO, “THINK BIG. EXPLORE THE WORLD. SOLVE SOCIETAL PROBLEMS.”
Why STEM Education Matters in Ethiopia?
1. To inspire young minds.
2. To prepare kids for 21 century skills.
3. To provide career exploration opportunities and let students see what the real-world jobs look and feel like
4. To solve societal problems.
Hands-on lab-based STEM education emphasizes real-world problem-solving, creativity, and skill-building — all factors that enable youthful brainpower to engineer their homeland out of stubborn poverty.
5. To speed up national economic growth and development.
Science and Engineering skills complete a country’s production chain, which means more exports, less imports, and reduced dependency.
6. To enhance deep and true learning.
Pre-university STEM enrichment leads to effective learning, innovation, and careers, the basis of a national competency that “lifts all boats.”